Monday, June 20, 2011

A Thing or Two


Although my list is rather short, I have noticed a few things that make me anxious to see Oklahoma.

1) Men look a lot less chivalrous when they're roughly shoving you around on the metro. I have seen grown men plow people down as they run up escalators or are trying to catch trains. Now boys, don't get cocky, you're not THAT much better -- just a little better.
2) Everyone needs money. There are so many unfortunate people on the streets and sorry, but I can only give out so much spare change.
3) My punctuality is based on someone else's watch. Sometimes, I wait 13 minutes for a trains. Which brings me to number 4....
4) I miss Zorro, my Jeep. Dad keeps talking about how he replaced the tires and fenders and how handsome he looks. I just can't wait to drive with the top down!

But most of all,
5) My beautiful OLDer sister, Cara, got engaged while I am here! Congratulations to the future Mol-doh-nod-oh (that's the proper pronunciation) family! Just Friday our office was talking about engagements so they were shocked when I came back Monday with the news. They are all just as curious as I am to see a Mexican-American wedding. Guess we'll all find out!

Believe it or not, beneath all the negativity, there has been a few things I've particularly enjoyed:

1) Free and helpful newspapers! I read the paper on my 30 minute ride to work and recycle it by the time I get off the metro.
2) Plans. I always have them. Back home, I get tired of going to Harkins or Warren, dinner, or coffee. We hang out over a movie in the park at night, kayaking on the Potomac, shopping in Georgetown, a show at the Kennedy Center. You name it, it's available.
3) Celeb sightings! All the time.
4) My office. More specifically, the front office. Don't tell them because they'll get a big head, but I love them.

Another special part of this week has been having my dad here for the weekend. We went to the National Cathedral, Spy Museum, ate, blah, blah, blah! All this dad-time making me even more stoked for our family vacay coming up in a week and a half!

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment: