Friday, June 24, 2011

Such is Life

I. Am. So. Tired. I had the early shift this week (8:30) and was such a wimp about it. You'd think they had asked the world of me. Just within the last two weeks I've gotten really attached to my office. I can't believe I'll be going home in one week. I'm stuck in the middle of the excitement of going home and the anxiety of leaving. Such is life.


This week flew by! Dad left Wednesday and that evening we had a OKC Chamber of Commerce reception. Between one of our staff assistants having wine spilled down his suit and three of us getting hit on by the same old man, I'd say it was a great night! Apparently, my eyes are dynamite, in case you didn't know. Last night, Madelyn and I went to see Laura Bush speak with the Archivist of the U.S. about her memoirs and the George W. Bush Library that's going up as we speak. The tiny, intimate theatre made me feel like I was right in front of her (I practically was) and I was so glad I went. 


Tonight I went out with some people from the office after work to an Irish pub for dinner. It's been awhile since I've had "fish and chips" but it was nice to see those people in a less stressful atmosphere. Meghan and I walked around the jazz festival and the Mall before calling it a night. Make fun all you want. I am very aware that our Friday night was over at 9:00. We're exhausted okay? 


So you're wondering: What will Courtney do with her last weekend in the District of Columbia? I'm not entirely sure. Since the beginning, I've been wanting to go out on the Potomac. Unfortunately, my roommate is  in East Hampton for the weekend (jealous) and my suitemate is spending the day at Six Flags, including the water park (not interested). Meghan from the office invited me swing dancing. This inspires mixed feelings. Normally, WITH FRIENDS, this sounds like a blast-and-a-half. But with people I don't know, I imagine dancing will be less fun for everyone concerned. So . . . To be determined? Sounds good.


As for this week: I anticipate that it'll fly by as well. I'm dreading Friday night at 5:00 because I just don't know if I'll be able to leave. But I will be glad to see my family and my sister's new engagement ring in person. 


Republican Love
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

No comments:

Post a Comment