Saturday, May 28, 2011

Adjusting

By Friday it was clear that my alarm isn't going to do the trick anymore. Not only did I turn off my alarm and go back to sleep; I waited till 20 minutes before leavin' time to wake up. Not such a good thing. It's just that by the end of a 9 hour work day, I want to go out and see things! I guess I'll just have to start waiting until the weekend... 

Today I got up around lunchtime and went to lunch with my friend David from Indiana Senator Dan Coat's office. We decided to hit the American History museum and briskly walked through the entire building in 4 HOURS. I was happy to get to see Dorothy's shoes -- although I still think Aubrey's were cuter! I also saw the First Lady's dresses, Julia Childs' kitchen, blah.

We were pretty tired when we left so we grabbed a drink and sat on the National Mall and counted shirtless male runners and tourists (some of them had NO right to be shirtless, just sayin'). The weather was perfect today, which was a nice change from the humid and stifling week we had. We kept wishing we had brought blankets and books to spend the afternoon there.

Since it's Memorial Day weekend, a huge tent and stage has been in the process of going up in front of the Capitol for about a week. They're having a concert that's free to the public, featuring B.B. King, the National Symphony Orchestra, and others. I haven't decided if I'll go or not -- it's only 2 hours or so and the crowds will be crazy. Today there was a huuuuge parade of bikers that came through the city. It took about 15 minutes for the 1,000+ participants to ride through town. You can't tell from the picture but the line seemed endless -- like waiting for the end of a train.


Unfortunately, I left my camera cord at home so I won't be posting any of my cheesy tourist pictures for another month(ish). Try not to be too disappointed. (:

Plans for Memorial Day? I'm thinking about going to Arlington. What better way to honor the fallen?



"We need men who can dream of things that never were."

[info][add][mail]
John F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment