Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hump Day

Wednesday was a good day at the Hill. As I said before, I had my second tour scheduled for today. I wore the red pumps for the occasion and they turned out to be the most brutal of all! My tour group was 10 people from OKC so it was nice to see some people from home. One of them ended up being a friend from junior high named Kasey, which made the experience especially light-hearted. Not only did I remember my route today, I gave a seemingly flawless presentation of my designated speech and the group was complementary of their visit. Not too bad for day 3 in this new world, eh?
I saw three celebrity politicians today. Can you guess who they were?!
1) I was on my way back from an errand when J.M. left Coburn's office. I missed him by 45 seconds:

2) I was in the Senate Chamber watching some Republican budget filibustering and saw Harry Reid a short distance away:
3) AND on my way back to Russell Senate Building, I saw Sen. John Kerry. What a guy! ;)

And for Mrs. Marcia, I finally went to Target on the opposite side of town and bought some black flats. What a difference it will make to this experience! :) I also bought the pillow I've been missing the last three nights of sleep. Imagine the look on my face when I went to the second floor of Target.

2 comments:

  1. Just as we thought...City of Washington will never be the same again. Congrats as you rewrite the book on how to do tours. George would be Proud of you i Suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I thought we were to guess who you saw, but you ruined it and told! I must say I'm jealous of you being there and me being here, but I'm so glad you finally got new shoes. Also, I probably would still be in the museum staring at the First Ladies' dresses. Love you, Mom.

    ReplyDelete